Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Admirals Club DIA

I'm at DIA.  Fretted all day about forgetting my passport.  The young man who took me to the airport said he had driven a lady who was going to Italy and she said she woke up every night a week before  her trip after dreaming she lost her passport, so I guess I'm in good company.

I'm in the Admirals Club.  For my sister the world travelor this is old hat, but for me it is a new and exciting adventure.  I ordered a drink from the bar (bourbon and coke of course) and when I handed her my boarding pass she said "Oh, BA, I can give you better bourbon than that", threw out my drink and poured me my choice of bourbon with enough bourbon to last me a week.  We also could get a snack, so this is my exciting fruit and cheese platter, but the price was right - free!  I did notice that the bartender dipped her glass into the ice bin rather than using a scoop.

So just hanging out until it's time to take off.  My next entry should be from London.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Debbie hoping that you may be sober by now ;) I can't wait to read your next adventure, have a great time in London. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Point - sobriety!!!! Millie says hi, I could not get her out of Ray's bed this am!

    ReplyDelete