Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Sorry about the picture being sideways, for some reason having a problem uploading pictures tonight.

I made it to Paris.  The flight was bumpy somewhere over the midwest, I assume the edges of that storm that was beating up on Texas.  I had a pod with a seat that moved up and down to create a bed and it wasn't bad.

They served us dinner on the plane, choice of two appetizers, four entrees and three or four deserts.  The picture is of my starter, poached lobster on a salad of seaweed and edamame with a sweet chile sauce.  Absoluteley delicious and I'm not usually a fan of lobster, but I did want the seaweed salad.  Had seared sea bass with butter broccolini and cous cous.

Made it to Heathrow and terminal 5, the terminal for British Airways, is so nice.  I made my way to the lounge again where they had a self serve bar (I stuck to water and ginge ale since I hadn't slept much) and they had a nice buffet of cold and hot things.  Since I was still adjusting to the time change, just had a bowl of cereal (a favorite of mine) to go with my water and gingerale.

Caught my plan to Orly Airport in France.  Their "European Club" or whatever it is called was just regular seats but they didn't put anyone in the middle seat.  Although they served this nice little chicken and potatoe salad plate with water crest and some rolls which really improved how I felt (travel weary).

I finally connected with my shuttle driver - Super Shuttle is not blue in Paris.  It was funny because I met this nice lady from Australia who couldn't find her ride and realized she printed out the email without a phone number.  Turns out she had booked through the same company that I did and when she climbed into the van and we saw each other we just burst out laughing.  She was a school teacher (math) from Perth, Australia (opposite side of the country from Sydney).

Got to my apartment which is on this long narrow street with other apartments and what looks like a residence hotel.  There is a nice neighborhood grocery store a long city block away so I have food for breakfast and the bonus is they take credit cards.  The apartment looks exactly like the pictures.  I had contracts I was told I had to bring along with my deposit and after I met the representative (not sure if he owns or just manages) and he counted my money said that was all he needed and left.  In the morning I'll take pictures from the french doors that open and serve as the windows of the place.  Nice view and gives you a good view of the surrounding buildings.  Nice bonus - it has a fan.  I sleep with a fan so it was nice to find in the apartment.

Hopefully tomorrow I'll have first pictures of the city.  Now I'm trying to figure out how to preview since the entire blog menu bar is in French.

1 comment:

  1. Debbie, the plate look so yummy, yummy. I'm hungry now :0

    ReplyDelete