Saturday, April 28, 2012

River Queen April 28, 2012

So I have arrived at my boat, the River Queen.  I got here about 11 am (my lugguage is still in London) but the first picture is of our cruise director who has taken over the quest of finding my luggage.  Hooray.

We can check in around 2 pm local time.  While I was waiting I met a very nice couple from Vermont who were waiting to leave.  Red Sox fans, they were looking up the scores to see how their team was doing.  They had just finished the cruise through Holland and tours of the tulips.  She showed me the pictures they had taken while there and they were quite beautiful.

Below are some pictures from the boat.

1 Cruise Director (don't know names yet but sure I will as time goes on)
2 The lovely lady who greeted us and got us to the lounge area while we are waiting to check in.  They have a nice buffet set up for us with soup, salad, sandwiches, lasagne, fruit and desserts.  So far I have only had the soup and fruit.  Good and bad - soups was fablous, but it was obviously made with cream and butter..that is the "good and bad" of it.  Tastes wonderful tho and the fresh fruit is great.  They have the little mandarin oranges I remember getting in Mazatlan that were so sweet and good.
3 Library which is an extension of the lounge
4 Outside, these windows look into the kitchen (lower) and what appears to be a dining room
5 End of boat.  I saw the handles of stationary bikes on top.  Looks like a sitting area with windows all around.
6 Where we checked in and the desk clerk with the great smile. 
7 Hall from reception to lounge area.
8 Rows of windows represent the state rooms.  I'm in room 409 which all I know is part of the top row, so my window extends from top to bottom.  If everyone shows, there will be 121 guests on board.
9 Windows to the lounge where we are currently sitting
10 Entrance to the River Queen.  It was voted best River Cruise boat by Conde Naste.  It is considered an art deco design, which is a little too art decor my taste but it is quite beautiful
11 Entrance to our boat
12 The bar 














No comments:

Post a Comment